Jacquelyn Collins has initiated a massive project to collate a list of fenced playgroups throughout the whole country. Her work has created an amazing resource, not just for parents with young children within the region or those new to the area, but also helpful if you are travelling somewhere new or are looking for a safe place for the kids to run around mid-trip. The Bay of Plenty list includes:
• Lees Park, 77 Otumoetai Rd, Brookfield, Tauranga
• Merivale Playground, Cnr Surrey Grove and Fraser Street, Tauranga
• Kea Street playground, Kaka Street, Tauranga (or by foot from Kea Street)
• Karaka Street Reserve, Karaka Road Reserve, Otumoetai, Tauranga
• Bethlehem shopping centre, Bethlehem Town Centre, Tauranga
• And in Waihi, Gilmour Reserve, is right by the lake – which my girls love!
If you know of any other playgrounds (fully or partially fenced), I’m sure Jacquline would appreciate the details so she can add them to the list. There is a website (https://kiwiplaysafe.wordpress.com) and a Facebook page (search for Kiwi play safe).